May saw a really significant jump in pending home sales in Hawthorne which might be the beginning of a rebound. The concerns and uncertainties caused by the coronavirus really slowed the real estate market down but that may be changing. We saw a jump from 14 pending sales in April to 31 in May which was a 158% jump.
View the current homes for sale in Hawthorne
May 2020 was a Neutral market*
Home For Sale in May 2020: 43 units.
• Down 14% compared to last month
• Down 18.9% compared to last year
Home Closed in May 2020: 14 units.
• Up 27.3% compared to last month
• Down 65.9% compared to last year
Home Placed under Contract in May 2020: 31 units.
• Up 158.3% compared to last month
• Down 20.5% compared to last year
*Buyer’s market: more than 6 months of inventory based on closed sales
Seller’s market: less than 3 months of inventory based on closed sales
Neutral market: 3 – 6 months of inventory based on closed sales