Welcome to real estate in Manhattan Beach CA. Without question Manhattan Beach is the center of the real estate world in the South Bay as this is the highest priced city in the area and prices seem to radiate outward from there. This is the most highly sought after area with more luxury homes being built all of the time. Couple that with it’s charming downtown area, great schools, new construction homes and world famous beach and it’s not hard to see why it’s in such demand.
Manhattan Beach is comprised of several “sections” each having their own look and feel with housing options varying considerably.
- Sand Section – This is the area closest to the water and is highlighted by homes often having incredible ocean views. The lots are smaller in this part of Manhattan Beach meaning yards are fairly non-existent but the beach is never more than a few blocks away. The area is comprised of mostly single family homes and townhomes with a sprinkling of condos and income properties. The sand section is home to the beach front homes of the famous Strand as well as “walkstreet” homes that face pedestrian sidewalks instead of streets and often have stunning views and a great community feel. See the current homes for sale in the Sand Section of Manhattan Beach.
- Tree Section – The tree section is a family favorite as it has a real neighborhood feel. The lots are a bit larger than in the sand section so older homes can have great yards but the newer construction homes take up most of the lot and outdoor space can be minimal. Due to zoning the tree section consists of almost entirely single family homes. See the current tree section homes for sale in Manhattan Beach.
- Hill Section – This is often true luxury living. The hill section sits east of Valley/Ardmore and west of Sepulveda. The lots can get quite large for the South Bay and the homes on the west side of the hill can often have incredible views. What drives demand for this luxury neighborhood is the combination of larger lots, ocean views, and proximity to the beach. See the current hill section homes for sale in Manhattan Beach.
- Manhattan Village – This is a very unique community for the South Bay. One of the few gated communities Manhattan Village offers single family “estate” homes as well as townhomes and court homes. It has a much quieter atmosphere and feels far removed from the busy and active lifestyle of the rest of Manhattan Beach. See the current Manhattan Village homes for sale.
- East Manhattan Beach – This area is comprised of two smaller areas that are differentiated primarily by lot size. East Manhattan sits east of Sepulveda and offers some nice sized lots meaning that even with newer construction larger homes…..there is still often a nice yard. The area around Mira Costa High School offers a number of 7500+ foot lots which are highly sought after by homebuyers and builders alike. The area north of Manhattan Blvd known as Manhattan Heights and Liberty Village generally offers lots in the 5000 foot range still allowing a nice sized home with a yard. Prices in East Manhattan are generally less expensive due to being further from the beach but due to great demand values have skyrocketed here as well. See the current homes for sale in East Manhattan Beach.